Most people are not aware that an itchy scalp and hair loss can go hand in hand. Aside from the discomfort of an itchy scalp, it can cause a number of health issues. For some people this condition can also be very embarrassing.
Causes Of Itchy Scalp
The most common cause of an itchy scalp is dandruff, which is usually caused by a number of skin conditions, including psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema. Dandruff is a symptom for many scalp disorders, which can include fungi and this condition can range from mild to severe. For mild cases of itchy scalp hair loss, a person can make some small lifestyle changes that can eliminate the problem. For extreme cases it can require medical attention from a dermatologist or primary care physician.
When it comes to children, itchy scalp hair loss can often be a sign of a different condition altogether. Head lice is a common culprit of hair loss in children, as is ringworm. Both of these conditions are very contagious and can require the use of medicated shampoos or oral antibiotics.
Some conditions that can cause an itchy scalp that results in hair loss are not only itchy, but they can also be painful. At times, the itchiness can be pretty severe and cause the scalp to crack, causing a person to experience a burning sensation.
To prevent itchy scalp hair loss, only wash your hair three to four times a week, as excessive washing can remove essential oils that are needed in order to maintain a healthy scalp. Poor hygiene can also cause mild to moderate hair loss as a buildup of sebum can cause the pores in the scalp to become clogged, prohibiting new hair growth.
The weather can also lead to a dry scalp. During the winter months many people will experience dry skin, especially on the face and hands, but most people are not aware that cold weather can also cause damage to the scalp.
Another major contributor to an itchy scalp that can result in hair loss is psoriasis. Psoriasis is caused by a malfunction in the immune system, where overactive while blood cells will heal healthy skin cells. The result is scalp buildup and red, swollen patches throughout the scalp, which result in hair loss.
Fungal infections can also result in round patches of scaling skin and baldness. These types of mold-like fungal infections are related to jock itch or athlete’s foot and can typically be cured by using over the counter or prescription medicated shampoos or creams.
When to Seek Medical Attention
In some cases, an itchy scalp will heal over time and can be resolved easily with a few minor changes of daily habits. Other scalp conditions that cause baldness will require medical intervention. If you’re suffering from itchy scalp hair loss and have tried to ineffectively treat it for a period of two weeks or more, it’s time to make an appointment with your primary care physician, in order to determine the underlying cause. Click here for more reviews about best shampoo for thinning hair.
Below are the some of the itchy scalp shampoo’s which can help you to get rid from itching.
Neutrogena T/Gel Shampoo, Stubborn Itch Control, 4.4 Ounce& Free shipping
- 4.4-ounce bottle, #1 Dermatologist Recommended Medicated Shampoo Brand
- Controls the most resistant scalp conditions while also soothing intense scalp itch with cooling Menthol
- Provides relief from chronic scalp psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff
- Contains 2% Neurtar, proven to deliver effective scalp therapy for hours after the shampoo is rinsed out
Shampoo for Dry Hair and Flaking Scalp - 100% Safe for Color Treated Hair - Pure Silk Amino Acids, Lavender...& Free shipping
- Softens blemishes resulting from dry scalp
- No Sulfates! Combines natural oil treatment with a premium dry skin shampoo formula for maximum results. Paraben, Silicone and fragrance free.
- Stimulates cell growth and removes toxins for therapeutic hydration
- Made in USA with organic ingredients
- Preventing infections with antiseptic/analgesic properties and reducing scarring
Maple Holistics Shampoo for Oily, Itchy Greasy Hair & Scalp with Organic Rosemary - 100% Natural Color Treated Safe Treatment...& Free shipping
- Therapeutic solution for scalps which are oily, greasy and itchy
- Maintains moisture control by utilizing natural components which balance sebum secretion levels - removes excess sebum and buildup - Paraben, Phtalates and fragrance free
- Provides a solution, instead of covering up the problem
- Sulfate free! 100% Botanical - Ingredients certified by QAI & the United States Department of Agriculture for Organics Processing. Also a treatment for dandruff that is a result of oily scalp
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair And Scalp Treatment Unisex, 16.9 Ounce& Free shipping
- Invigorating non-medicated treatment for hair and scalp
- Give immediate intervention for hair and scalp issues with this soothing rinse-out mask
- Tingly conditioners strengthen hair and refine skin and scalp
- Moisturizes hair and soothes the scalp. Convenient 16.9 oz pump bottle.
- Infused with natural extracts and essential oils.
Art Naturals Scalp18 Coal Tar Therapeutic Anti Dandruff Shampoo 16 oz - Helps clear symptoms of Psoriasis, Eczema, Itchy Scalp...& Free shipping
- · Relief to itching and scaling dry scalp.
- · All-natural oil extracts, rich in hydration and healing combine with Tar and coal to eliminateexcess flakes and dead skin.
- Deeply penetrating shampoo for weekly hair treatment.
- · 100% all-natural ingredients
- · 100% satisfaction guarantee, or your money back.
Head & Shoulders Itchy Scalp Care with Eucalyptus Dandruff Shampoo 13.5 Fl Oz (Pack of 2)
- Clinically proven to relieve scalp itch(1). With eucalyptus.
- #1 Dermatologist recommended dandruff brand (2)
- Clinically tested. 100% Flake Free (3) Guaranteed (4).
- Starts working faster to help calm itchy scalp (6)
- Gentle and pH balanced for daily use on normal to oily hair, even on color or chemically treated hair
Derma E Scalp Relief Shampoo with Psorzema Herbal Blend, 8 Fluid Ounce& Free shipping
- Works in four ways
- Gently cleanses, de-flake, soothe and nourish the scalp and hair
- Calms dandruff-prone, itchy, irritated scalp and refreshes the hair
Maple Holistics Sage Shampoo for Anti Dandruff with Jojoba, Argan, and Organic Tea Tree Oil - Natural, Sulfate Free Treatment...& Free shipping
- Shampoo contains sodium
- Treatment for dandruff at the source containing a natural & pure formula to combat dermatitis.
- Free of parabens, phthalates, fragrances and sulfates.
- Anti Dandruff for a healthy scalp, USA made Rich in allnatural compounds verbenone (Rosemary), ?
- One of Maple Holistics most original and best-selling formulas, Sage Shampoo can help eliminate dandruff in an easy and natural way. No longer do those with moderate-to-heavy dandruff plaguing the scalp area have to suffer the embarrassment and inconvenience that comes along with dandruff dust shoulders guaranteed.-Gentle hypoallergenic shampoo platform contains no harsh ingredients, no sulfates, no parabens, is cruelty-free and vegan-friendly, and is safe for color treated hair.-Uses 100% pure essential oils and ingredients of the highest quality.Unique formula contains a synergy of Sage, Tea Tree, Rosemary ct. Verbenone, and Spikenard.-Natural solution for those with moderate-to-severe dandruff, and to achieve improve scalp health for all scalp types.-Enriched with Botanical Keratin, Peach Kernel, and Jojoba oils for to help restore the hair to its ideal natural moisture content.Formula and their Benefits:Sage: Safely formulated and the spearhead of the formula, Sage is a natural astringent and plays a vital role in reducing dermatitis. It helps reduce dandruff and prevents clogged hair follicles. Sage also helps combat hair loss and baldness, as well as adds shine and luster to the hair.Rosemary ct. Verbenone: Rosemary has an excellent reputation for scalp and hair care. Rosemary ct. Verbenone contains less camphor and is safer to use in topical applications. Rich in verbenone, this ingredient can stimulate renewal of the hair follicles, while promoting improved circulation. It releases a herbaceous aroma preferred by many.Spikenard: Spikenard is an aromatic herb native to the mountainous regions of India, China, and Japan. This exotic addition works to restore pigmentation and contains exclusive natural properties to combat dandruff.Stop dandruff now. Try our Sage Shampoo to improve your s
Sulfate Free Argan Oil Shampoo for Dry, Itchy Scalp & Damaged, Frizzy, Oily Hair 8oz Best Moisturizing Natural Shampoo for...& Free shipping
- Soothe and Repair Your Scalp and Get Stronger, Healthier Hair or Your Money Back! Thick, healthy hair starts at the roots. Nourish your hair and scalp with organic Aloe Vera, Manuka Honey and Argan Oil to restore dry, brittle or oily hair.
- Moisturize and Heal Your Dry, Damaged, Itchy Scalp. Our Sulfate Free Shampoo is ph balanced and vitamin-rich to help repair dandruff, scalp psoriasis, eczema and more.